onsdag 12. oktober 2016

In loving memory of a friend...




Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
-Dylan Thomas

This day has been surreal...A memorial, so strange and so far from what you would expect when an icon in the Motorcycle-world is going to have his memory honored.

- as I sat there, and tried to get what the executor said, I was thinking over and over again that "this is so weird...this is SO weird!"

"Ebony and Ivory...Yellow submarine"...not quite the music you expect to hear before a memorial service...And then "yesterday" played on a trumpet...and then Ennio Morricones beautiful "Gabriels Oboe" from the movie "The mission" And a"A wonderful world!"
The songs that were sung was allright, I guess, but I still could not get in the right mood for this sad occation...I actually WANTED to morn him, to feel my heart hurt, because I actually loved this man like my own family, and I wanted to feel something...

The executor was dull! So incredible boring...I hardly could hear anything of what he said...I wanted to know about my friends life, his work and his travels, and how the bikerlife was his everything...His brotherhood...How important they all were, and how much people really loved him!

(The ceremony just made me feel cheated and empty...)

- Alot of non-important things were said- of the things I managed to hear...It sounded like people hardly knew him...And that made me sad...

I really wanted his memorial to be memorable for all the right reasons, and now I will remember it for all the wrong ones...

But I know we will get it right...He will be celebrated for his life...

So, I raise my glass in a last SALUTE, to a friend, a brother to my husband, a member of my extended family...

-I will miss you...
I will miss your laughter...
Your shaking your head when people acted like asshats...
Your sly grin when you were up to no good, hehe, that makes me smile...
Your hoarding of all sorts of crazy things...
The searching for the remote control to the tv- just to find out you are sleeping on top of it, so we were stuck on one channel for hours with all the boring stuff going on...I just know you did that on purpose to toy with us...lol......
Your swearing to my dogs, hehe, always cracked me up, you sounded like "Walter" from the Jeff Dunham show...(You were never too happy about any dogs really...They scared you, you said..."foul creatures!")

You were a good man...Nice...actually so shy sometimes, it makes me smile when I think of it...

I hope your afterlife will give you a hoot! Have a ball in bikers heaven!

I am sending you a hug up there...

A

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Takker til alle som tar seg tid til å kommentere <3